To write is human, to edit is divine. - S. King
As a copy and content editor, I can be the whole package. From grammar and spelling to fact-checking and formatting, I help authors review their plots, characters, and settings. Within my editing, I strive to maintain the author's unique voice. As an editor, I foster a close relationship with the author to work together in perfecting their story for publication.
If you're looking for proofreading or a final read-through before publication, my attention to detail will help spot the smallest error. Or if you're in the beginning stages of publishing and need a manuscript critique, I will provide a written review to address the strengths and weaknesses of your upcoming publication.
Books Available on Amazon
Madrid by Tom Gibbons
As a journalist for Coastal Lifestyle Magazine, a regional magazine distributed along the southeast United States, I wrote for the Health & Fitness column but was also engaged in writing lifestyle pieces. I researched, interviewed, and wrote features on local businesses and products as directed by the publisher and editors.
CLM Lifestyle Pieces
Fitness Writing and Editing
As an ACE-certified Personal Trainer, I specialized in Fitness Writing and Editing. My projects have included heading a health and fitness column and editing fitness manuals and articles for other fitness professionals in the United States. I have also been interviewed as a fitness professional
Fitness Manual - Editing
- The Secrets of Lean and Mean
Fitness & Health Articles - Editing
- The Next Generation of Fitness
- Motivation—How to Start Your Fitness
- Gift-wrapping Fitness
- XR Lifestyle: The Competitive Edge for Tennis
- Healthy Holidays
Fit & Healthy Lifestyles / Fit Lifestyles of Fairhope
- B2B Marketing - Writing (One pagers, Case studies)
- B2C Marketing - Writing/Editing (Blog posts, Articles, Social media posts, website content)
- Company Policy and Training Manual - Writing/Editing
- Client correspondence and follow up - Business Writing
As a remote freelance writer for a U.S. based online publication, Clapway.com, I wrote in categories including Scientific Discoveries, Space, Technology, and Offbeat news. This experience tailored my writing to the internet as well as helped increase my ability to work within a remote atmosphere in a team setting.
- Report on trending, relevant news stories in assigned categories
- Use SEO keywords and contextual links within stories
- Use copyright free images related to story
- Follow a Writer's Guideline indicating story length, specific headings and title usage, and formatting style
- Share news stories via social media platforms with hashtags, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+